Saturday, June 6, 2015

Dry Potato


Add caption
This Sukhe aaloo(dry potato) has so many memories,it just remind me those days when I was studying in Vizag(Andhra Pradesh).The train to Vizag minimum takes 28-32 hours to reach,so to avoid outside foods in train my mom prepare this Sukhe aaloo with pooris and pickle.


It tastes awesome,because leaving home every time makes me emotional,because I was just 16 that time and it was for the first time I was living away from my parents and that too very far.

So to accompany my loneliness ,my mom always make this Sukhe aaloo and I like them too.



Ingredients

•          5-6 medium size potatoes, boiled

•          1 tbsp cumin seeds/jeera

•          1 tsp asafoedita/hing

•          1 tsp sesame seeds

•          ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves

•          2 to 3 green chilies, chopped

•          ½ tsp turmeric powder

•          ½ tsp red chili powder

•          3 to 4 tsp lemon juice

•          3 tbsp oil

•          salt as per taste







INSTRUCTIONS
•          Peel the boiled potatoes and cut into cubes.
•          In a pan, heat oil and add the cumin seeds to sizzle.
•          Now add the asafoedita & green chilies and fry for a minute.
•          When chillies get fried add turmeric powder,red chilli 
             powder,coriander powder.
•          Add the potato cubes and saute them for 2-3 minutes.
•          Finally add the lemon juice and sesame seeds,mix
             the whole mixture well for a minute.
•          Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve
            them with pooris,paratha.

0 comments:

Post a Comment